31 for 21 #1: Twenty One Things About Sarah!
So, it’s technically 12:20 am, but DBF and I went on a date for seven hours, so you’ll have to forgive me.
1. Her name is Sarah Hannah Dorothy. She was born April 20, 2011, at 12:22 pm. She weighed 8 lbs, 1 ounce at birth.
2. She does not have any health problems. However, when she was very little she was sleepy ALL THE TIME. We used to wake her up to eat.
3. Her favorite toy is a plushie of Pascal from Disney’s Tangled. She’s going to be Rapunzel for Halloween. I
3.5. I don’t like Disney princesses. Her other dad is obsessed.
4. Today, she’s wearing a little Gymboree one piece that says “Wild About Daddy”. I’m sad because it’s newborn size and this is going to be one of the last times she wears it.
5. She has never liked pacifiers.
6. Her favourite activity is snuggling. She loves to cuddle.
7. She started smiling when she was 3 months old and hasn’t stopped since. Except when…
8. …she’s a diva! The girl has a drama streak a mile wide. The pouts are tremendous.
9. She looks like my baby pictures.
10. She LOVES music.
11. She sleeps right between us at night. She likes to hold onto the sheets in her little fist.
12. I love to put bows on her head. love it.
13. She hates tummy time, but she loves to be worn (in a baby carrier).
14. When we are around, she refuses to make any vocalizations. When she’s supposed to be taking a nap, she chats up a STORM!
15. She looks comically small in her high chair.
16. It makes her grin like nobody’s business if you blow on her face.
17. She loves her food. When she was first born, we had trouble getting her to eat and the doctor told us “well, she’s hungry, her suck is good, she roots for food…she just doesn’t want to have to work to get it out of the bottle!” As a result of this combination of hunger + not wanting to work for it, we call her the Honey Badger.
18. Her name has a lot of meaning for us. Sarah means “princess” in Hebrew, Hannah is after my sister, who also has special needs, and Dorothy means “gift of God”.
19. She makes a growling noise when she poops.
20. She really enjoys being propped up to sit. She grins and makes her mouth into an “o” the whole time.
21. She and her extra chromosome is the best thing that has ever happened to me.